Majestic and forgotten, its existence unrecorded in the annals of man, a palace rests atop the clouds in the farthest reaches of the Churning Mists. This skyborne splendor was once home to Ratatoskr, brood-sister to Hraesvelgr and Nidhogg, until the treachery of mortals ensured that its stones would never again ring under the she-wyrm’s talons. The dragons named it “Sohr Khai,” a grieving apology for their failure to avert her fate, and they watched with infinite sadness as Ratatoskr’s empty roost was overrun by bird and beast.
This is an absolutely stunning dungeon. Unlocking this dungeon is part of the main story quest. Be careful! SPOILERS AHEAD!
[su_carousel source=”media: 839,836,843,845,831,830,829,818,810,807″ width=”820″ height=”500″ items=”1″ title=”no”]
Dungeon Boss – Moglin
- Captain Mogsun
- If Captain Mogsun is alive and within the range of Moglin, he will tether to Moglin. This is similar to “cover” – except, the tether will make Moglin invinceable.
- Resurrecting Moogles
- Moogles of various classes will spawn throughout the fight. After the various moogle adds die, Moglin will drop purple AOE circles on the corpses. Players should attack the dead moogles to knock the moogle out of the purple circle, otherwise the moogle add will be revived at full health, including Captain Mogsun.
Berserker’s Leg Guards
Viking Leg Guards
Dungeon Boss – Poqhiraj
This is a fun fight, actually quite challenging and the game won’t let you steam roll through this one. Players are required to adjust to a destructible environment and adapt as numerous abilities are tossed out that are mechanic intensive.
- Quasar: unmarked line AOE with a reasonable cast time. This attack is probably the main reason walls fall down; stack directly behind the horse to keep Quasar from going off to the side and hitting walls.
- Jump: Poqhiraj jumps, becomes untargetable as one might expect, and lands at one end of the corridor, dealing party-wide damage.
- Touchdown: the closer a player is to the landing spot, the more damage you take; so get to the other end of the encounter.
- Cloud Call: one player will receive a purple marker; when the marker disappears, a thundercloud will spawn over their head. This cloud will pulse damage and a vulnerability debuff; fortunately, the radius of the pulse is slightly smaller than the width of the corridor.
- Charge: This ability can either be diminished by standing against a wall, or if players are hit directly head on, the player will be tossed straight up in the air taking damage.
Dungeon Boss – Hraesvelgr
- Holy Breath: pulse AOE that takes up an entire pedestal, no cast bar. To avoid this ability players must jump to a different pedestal.
- Breath: Hraesvelgr prepares a very big and very noticeable AOE that will destroy two pedestals at a time. The jump circles will still work even if you no longer have directly adjacent pedestals.
- Holy Sprites: adds spawn. Kill quickly or face an unknown ability likely dealing damage to all players.
- Diamond Storm: This was group wide damage. I imagine if holy sprites are not killed timely that the damage from Diamond Storm will be amplified.
- Ice Cubes and Dragon Heads: an ice cube and a dragon head will appear and float toward each other, intersecting above a pedestal (yeah, probably the one you’re on). When they collide they do a little explosion thing that kinda hurts, so get to a different pedestal before that happens.
Berserker’s Scale Mail
Viking Scale Mail
Apologies Orchestrion Roll